The marketing options of affiliate marketing versus Google Adsense are common options for freelancers who are starting out in internet marketing. It is also a critical choice for those writing blogs, as they want to know which one is the most effective in making money.
While both are significant, you need to analyze both platforms in order to make an informed decision. Firstly, let’s have a look at the differences between affiliate marketing versus google adsense.
Differences Between Affiliate Marketing Versus Google Adsense
- Affiliate marketing pays more compared to Google Adsense.
- You have full control over affiliate ads and they are usually more attractive, whereas you do not have control over Adsense ads.
- It is easy to join an affiliate network as compared to getting approval for an Adsense account.
- Most of the affiliate companies pay through Paypal, but Adsense does not.
- Affiliate marketing allows you to focus on products from all types of niches, but Google Adsense does not allow products from some niches.
- Adsense is managed mainly by Google alone while affiliates are managed by both big and small companies.
- You can get recurring income from Adsense but affiliate commissions are only paid when someone buys a product that you have recommended.
According to a survey that was conducted by Viglink, it was shown that in the ad tech industry, the digital landscape of ad blockers have become prolific. In addition to that, the publishers are ranked as the best users.
This indicates that marketers should pay more attention to affiliate marketing tools in order to increase revenue generation abilities. The survey indicated further that there had been a 77% revenue increase from affiliate marketing in recent years.
Advantages Of Affiliate Marketing
- You can choose any niche you want, as well as any product, depending on what you are good at.
- The income is higher.
- You can choose how you want to be paid. You can select to be paid per click or per sale.
- Your web assets grow over the years.
- It is a long-term business investment.
Disadvantages Of Affiliate Marketing
- You must constantly seek new products to promote.
- You must write promotional materials and generate an email list.
- Some affiliate programs require you to have a website before you can be eligible to become an affiliate.
Rodger Paul, writing for the Best Men’s Health magazine says that Adsense is an important advertising avenue for small websites that do not have enough resources for creating advertising sales programs as well as salespeople. Therefore, they can use Adsense to monetize their content and to increase their income.
Advantages Of Adsense
- Even if you do not have affiliate products on the web, you can still use it.
- It is easy to install.
- You do not need to change the ads because they change accordingly after the Google bots visit your site.
- It can be a passive source of income.
Disadvantages Of Adsense
- Earning per click is quite small so you need a lot of clicks to earn a decent income.
- Google changes its policy whenever it feels like it, so your income could disappear anytime.
- Google can easily suspend your account
- Your earnings are dependent on the number of visitors to your site.
Both affiliate marketing and Google Adsense are profitable if they are applied correctly. Affiliate marketing is best if you want to build a long-term online business. Adsense will make you small amounts of cash regularly with minimum maintenance.
However, this requires a high traffic inflow to be profitable. But if you are in a competitive niche, have consistent traffic and you have an email list, then affiliate marketing may be the best option for you.